Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is one of the popular courses among the students who want to make their career in the IT (Information Technology) field. The duration of the course is 3 years and divided into 6 semesters. It comprises of the subjects like database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like ‘C’ and ‘java’. This course provides a lot of opportunities to the students who are interested in computer field and wants to work in the IT sector as programmer or software developer.
After completing BCA, a student can go for MCA which is a master course in computer application and is considered equivalent to B.Tech.
- Candidate Should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must have passed class 12th or senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English.
- The 12th examination must be passed/Appearing with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- The minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age varies between 22-25 years.
- The students are generally admitted on the basis of personal interview and written examination conducted by various institutes/universities.
- Some institutes/universities admit student on merit basis.
- The merit is prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the qualifying examination (12th).